Welcome Spring! We are so happy to greet you. To celebrate, we would like to introduce you to Refresh, a cooling CBD hydrosol with the healing benefits of some of our favorite herbs: Tulsi, Witch Hazel, Lemon Balm, and Mint.
What is a Hydrosol?
A hydrosol is an aromatic water from a botanical that is produced by distilling fresh leaves, flowers and / or fruits. The aromatic water offers benefits similar to essential oils but without the intensity, the note is softer. Ancient texts describe a hydrosol made from rose and distilled in clay sills. Beauty regimens in the 16th century depict hydrosols made from geranium and orange.
How to Use a Hydrosol
- Your skin is comprised of sebum (oil) and water. Out of balance, your skin becomes red, dry, itchy and prone to breakouts. Hydrosol, when misted onto the skin, will offer therapeutic benefits including anti-inflammation and hydration.
- A hydrosol used along with a nourishing face oil assists in helping the skin absorb the oil and achieve homeostasis. Mist skin generously with hydrosol, then press oil into skin while your skin is still damp. This practice promotes healthy skin by balancing PH and promoting hydration.
- Use a hydrosol as a toner after cleansing
- Spray hydrosol into your favorite clay mask in place of water
- Hydrosols are useful to spray onto wounds, sunburns, or insect bites to promote healing
- I have heard reports that a quick mist after makeup application can set your makeup for the day
Cordial Organics Refresh CBD Hydrosol will level up your skin care efforts. A hydrosol plus CBD will offer additional balancing benefits to the skin as we have written about the many benefits of cbd and skincare in previous blog posts: Reduce inflammation, balance oils, reduce redness, and prevent breakouts. Our philosophy regarding topical application of CBD is to layer everyday products throughout the day to receive maximum results. We carefully chose the following ingredients for Refresh with healthy skin in mind.
Tulsi – Tulsi leaves, used topically, soothes inflammation and stops the growth of harmful bacteria while purifying the skin. Additionally, tulsi reduces the appearance of dark spots, scars, and is known to remove blackheads.
Lemon Balm – Thanks to the abundance of caffeic and ferulic acid in lemon balm, it is a potent antioxidant for the skin.
Mint -Mint applied topically will fight off bacteria that cause breakouts or allergic reactions. Mint will also tighten the pores due to its cooling sensation and also calms inflammation in the skin.
Witch Hazel – Known for relieving inflammation and soothing sensitive skin, witch hazel also fights acne and skin irritations.
Cordial Organics CBD Hydrosols
Refresh CBD Hydrosol was formulated to best support the health of your skin and mood in the coming sunshine season. Have I mention it smells absolutely divine and leaves a tingling sensation?
We have our CBD Hydrosols placed throughout our homes, beach bags and car. Don’t forget about our single note favorites that are available year round: CBD Rose Hydrosol, CBD Lavender Hydrosol, and CBD Neroli Hydrosol.
Enjoy the Spring and Summer seasons with us, won’t you?